Saturday, January 26, 2013

Books

I spent some time yesterday going through my bookshelves and all the little hiding spots that my books are in. I have piles of them that I keep meaning to do something with, but yet, here they sit.

Wednesday, I ventured into a little used bookstore called "The Book Addict". Right there, in the front window was a copy of Jenny Lawsons "Let's Pretend This Never Happened". If you have no idea who Jenny Lawson is, you should pop over to her blog and read some of her stuff. She's funny in a very weird sort of way, which I love. Her book has had me laughing right from the first page. :)

Anyhow, I asked the lady at "The Book Addict" if they bought books, and she said yes. Oh-my-gosh! Now, I am not expecting to get tons of bucks for the 40 - 50 books I'm trying to get out of my house, but I'll be happy with a little something to add toward one of my top four goal.

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I didn't buy any books this week. I did. Twice. I bought three books for about $25 at one used bookstore, and $17 on another five at another bookstore. When I brought them home, I had to make room for them, so I grabbed a box, and starting clearing out books that need to find new homes.

I've started the annual declutter (LOL). Let's see how long it lasts this time. Maybe I can actually get rid of some stuff that I really don't need to have.

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a library near you that you can use instead of purchasing books? Aside from the money, i like the lack of clutter from the library. Less to get rid of later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books tend to clutter up soo fast! I rarely buy books... Only if they're a reference type book that I'd use over & over. Novels I read once only, so it's always the library or passed from friends. I will buy used books if they're uber cheap, ($1.00 type deal) but other than that, nope! Hope you get some $$ for your box of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not personally a book fan (or a reader) but my girls are book nuts. We go to the local community care centre where they have all the children and youth books for sale (used ones, of course) for 25 cents each. My older daughter bought her little sister 4 books from there for Christmas for a buck! Definitely a great deal for book lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to buy a ton of new books but realized when I had to move that I just had way too much stuff. I just go to the Library now and its cheaper.

    ReplyDelete