Monday, October 8, 2012

Thankful

 
"Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for those things you have and in some cases, those things you don't have."
~ my sister sent this to me this morning in a text message
 
I've been fortunate this weekend to spend time with family. Saturday evening, DD1, her bf and Grandcub came over for dinner and a visit. I made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and made chicken roast that was rather unique. There were chicken breasts, deboned and seasoned, wrapped in bacon. Everything is better with bacon, don't you agree?
Yesterday, we went to the big dinner potluck with Hubby's family (there were over 50 people there!) then spent some quality time with the kids when we got home.
Today will be a quiet day spent at home, with my MIL coming over at some point. I have no idea what I'm making for dinner tonight, but I'm sure I can rustle something up. No potatoes though. We've gone through 20 lbs of potatoes in the last couple of days.
 
I've been working lots (although it's been very quiet this weekend) and mostly keeping out of trouble. I'm working on some knitting projects, and doing work with the charity, gearing up for our biggest season of the year. Cub has finally adjusted to his new schedule with school, and DD1 has been excited for starting eighth grade.
 
There is so much to be thankful for this holiday, I couldn't possibly list them all. Family, friends, a loving home, enough to eat, a good job, an education, and happy, healthy kids.
 
If you are reading this, please know that I'm also thankful for you.
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
 


2 comments: