Tuesday, May 15, 2012

iCreate

Now that the worst of the cold weather is behind us, I'm finding myself more able to knit when I have some spare time. I've imposed a due date for two items that I have been working on for a bit. One is a blanket for my daughter's 13th birthday, and the other item is a blanket I have been working on for my MIL since August of last year. I want to give it to her for her birthday in June.

So when I'm not working, I'm knitting.  Both of these projects are simply me creating. No pattern to follow, no wrong way to do it. I add yarns that I like the look and feel of, and away I go.

I'm also working on a pair of socks for Hubby (still) and various items for Keeping Kids Warm. I've made some neck warmers, or neck cowls; like a scarf but totally round with no ends to get caught on anything.


This is the blanket I'm working on for DD2. Do you think I can get it done by Friday?




This is sock number 2 of the pair for Hubby.



This is the multi-coloured blanket for my MIL, using worsted weight, 4 ply variegated yarns.



A closer pic so you can see the rainbow of colours.




The sized 6.0 mm bamboo circular needle(s) I'm using to make MIL's blanket. Probably part of the reason why it is taking me forever to finish it!




I'm thinking of starting a collective project of blankets to be made of squares kitted by volunteers, and having them mailed to me from knitters wherever they may be. Are you a knitter? Do you know a knitter? Think you might like to get involved in this project? Email me, and share this idea with others. If I can get 5 knitters to commit to making 2 ten inch squares, I'll do a giveaway. Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment