Monday, December 26, 2011

Putting it all away

Today will find me trying to find a place for all the new stuff that we've acquired for Christmas.

Yesterday was lovely, with watching the kids open their gifts, and then spending the afternoon with family. I drove a lot yesterday, chauffeuring DD1, bf and Grandcub from place to place. The bf's family has been my second family since I was a teen, so I was welcomed to join in with their celebrations yesterday evening.

I found that of all the gifts we gave to folks, the ones that seemed the most appreciated were the handmade ones (thanks for your help, Carla!) Grandma's hand knitted reusable swiffer cloths for her brand spanking new XL swiffer were a hit. Bf's family loved the scented body sprays, bath salts and soaps. It gave me renewed hope that I will be able to make more and buy less for gifts next year.

Last night, we were utterly exhausted when we went to bed. It was the best night's sleep I've had in years because of the gift from Grandma. She gave us a 3 inch memory gel foam mattress topper. Sleeping on it was like sleeping on a cloud, heavenly!

I also got a new Stephen King book (this is like a tradition for us), socks, chocolates, a huge book about the Holocaust, more books from my girls, jammies, a nice shirt, TNA sweatpants and tights. As a family we got some video games and movies, and DD2 even got all 4 seasons of Big Bang Theory on dvd. Cub received more toys than he will ever know what to do with, and vhs tapes of the older version of Blues Clues, which he loves. Grandcub was just plain spoiled, although he wasn't too interested in opening any more gifts after about the third one.

We had a wonderful day filled with lots of together family time and plenty of good food. I know I am going to enjoy the memories that we made. Now to put all the stuff away.

I hope you all had a fabulous day yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely day! And you got quite the haul!!

    Christmas can be very tiring, I'm glad you were able to sleep so well! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get that new HUGE Stephen King book? I SO want to read that one! I LOVE getting books for Christmas - they're really my favorite gifts.
    You amaze me putting things away already! I was in such a frenzy getting ready so quickly that I just don't want to think about finding places for stuff yet. All in good time. Today is a total pj day - all day!

    ReplyDelete