Monday, November 7, 2011

Big-ish Post / GBU

I haven't been feeling up to snuff lately (emotionally) and blogging took a back seat while I was not just pulling, but yanking myself up by the bootstraps. I have managed to get myself out of this funk that I've been in (for the most part at least) but am worried that some small snag will send me right back to the same place I was before. However...

The Good:
  • My Shopper's trip went well. I took DD2 with me so she could see how paying attention to things can make a difference. I got $113.64 worth of merchandise for only $13.64. Go me!
  • Hubby won a prize pack from BobFM again. This time he got $50 in gift certificates to a baby/toddler store (can you say Christmas gifts for the grandcub?) and 2 tickets to see The Addams Family Musical in Toronto. Right. Up. Our. Alley.
  • Hubby went to Shopper's the other day, and stuck the receipt in his pocket. When I asked why, he said he's going to start tracking his personal expenses on his own. He did ask for a notebook so he could write down what he spends and where. (Did you guys hear the Hallelujah chorus, or was that just me?)
  • Some money owed to the business came in, so I was able to pay the rent and something toward the bills without dipping into the Christmas money too much. Can't say that won't happen on later in the month though.
The Bad:
  • I have no idea how we are going to pay for daycare for the rest of this month. I've talked to our childcare provider to let her know that if things aren't getting better, I may have to pull the little guy in December. The income I was counting on to pay for childcare hasn't come through just yet, so things are getting tighter and tighter.
The Ugly:
  • There have been two deaths in my extended family this weekend, so there will be a bit of travelling around the city (funeral homes on either end of the city) and expenses that weren't in our already tight budget. I'm not a very good funeral attendee (I'm used to working instead of attending) and it makes me very uncomfortable when I'm in a funeral home that I don't do work for. It makes me feel awkward.
So there you have it.

I'm clutching the Christmas money with a death grip, hoping to still have some when it comes time to actually buy gifts.

9 comments:

  1. I love that despite the 'bad' and 'ugly', you still see so many positive things! That mental framework can help so much. I hope the bad and ugly disappear soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about the losses in your extended family. Aside from the extra financial toll it will take, I'm sure there is a great deal of emotional stuff to manage. Hugs!

    Awesome on the hubby wanting to track his spending. Sometimes they just need to get there on their own.
    ~ Makky's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your good things so out weighed the bad. I am so sorry for your loss though.


    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences on your losses. Fingers crossed that the business income you're expecting will be coming in, and allow you to save a bit for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss, I know right how you feel about lost money coming in. It is so scary now. Keep up the good attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((Eboo))) I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time right now... :( Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww Eboo, so sorry to hear about the deaths in your family - that adds more stress to your current situation...and the daycare expense - that's huge, I know. Is there any chance for a subsidy?
    I couldn't have afforded daycare for Kazi except for the subsidy.
    Hubby is AWESOME - what a great gift package he won and now he's going to be accountable for his spending?? My hat is off to him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eboo,
    I'm so sorry to hear about the losses in your family. Adding financial issues to emotional issues makes it extra tough. I'm hoping things start looking up from now on...
    Focus on the positive...it will help! sending {{hugs}}!! :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sending positive thoughts and hugs your way today!

    ReplyDelete