Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday Musings

Emergency Fund Daily Savings

July 16th: $75 / $800
July 17th: $80 / $800
July 18th: $111 / $800

A little jump in Emergency fund savings because I made some money selling candles. $26 gets me closer to my goals. I have an upcoming pay from work of $500 sometime this month, so I hope to be able to put at least $100 of it in the Emergency fund. I was asked where the $5 per day comes from. Well, I take it out of the money allocated to spending. It's been easy to pull $35 per week out of allotted variable spending money (like groceries and such) so it's been relatively painless so far.

Hubby finally got reimbursed for a $105 charge that went through his bank account twice. It took the bank quite some time to figure out what happened, and even without an explanation from them, it did get credited back. Yay for that!

It seems we are going to get some relief from the oppressive heat and humidity that our area has been experiencing this past week. yesterday, while I was out working, it was 30 C and the humidity made it feel like 37 C (that's 98.6 F). It's supposed to rain today (they said that last Monday as well) so hopefully it will cool down some. If it does, I can give the air conditioner a bit of a rest, and open the windows and balcony door for awhile.

I think it's going to be a busy week with work. I got my first phone call before I was even out of bed this morning. Work can be stressful at times, but the income will help. We will have to pay our accounts back for the $4000 lawyer's retainer fee, sooner rather than later. I think this will become our focus once the Emergency fund is back up to $1000.

Don't forget to read this post and leave a comment/entry for a scented candle giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. Slow & steady wins the race! ;) You're doing great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for being able to pull $35 from our jars each week for savings. I don't know if I could do that consistently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing awesome! I need to figure out how to get back on track with the savings. You inspire me!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete