Monday, July 4, 2011

July 3rd/4th

July 3rd: $10/$800

Happy Independence Day to all American readers!

We purchased a barbecue for $275.72, tax included. Way under the $300 budget I had set for us. Hubby spent most of the day putting it together, and we had hot dogs cooked on it for dinner tonight. We plan on using this wonderful new contraption a lot, and therefore reducing our 'dining out' expenditures, which were way too high anyway.

I bought a prepaid credit card at Shopper's yesterday so that I could order some things online. The 'fee' charged works out to be about 4.3% of the cards value. Better than incurring an interest charge, I think.

I spent several hours today making more candles. On a side note, candle making makes my apartment smell soooo nice. I also managed to put fertilizer spikes in the house plants and our balcony pots that have our veggie plants in them. I can't wait to eat peppers that I grew my self. Two loads of laundry got done today, which is also good. I feel like I actually accomplished stuff this weekend.

I'm going to put the $5 bill for July 4th in the envelope before I go to bed, so I won't have to think about it tomorrow.

have a happy Monday everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love bbq'ed food but rarely have it... But it is good! :)

    I dont use c.c's & pay for my purchases online via debit or Paypal.I think you'll find most places will accept these payment forms if you ever don't want to put it on your cc. :)

    ReplyDelete