Sunday, June 5, 2011

I'm Really NOT Ignoring Everyone

Here's a bit of a mishmash of things I wanted to blog about. A bunch of little things to make one whole post. :)

I'm having issues with Blogger not allowing me to comment on some other blogs. I don't understand it at all. I can comment on one blog I read regularly, and not on others. It's annoying and bothersome.

Sarah and Jenny: I am reading your blog every day, but cannot comment at all for some reason. Please know that I am still here cheering you on from the sidelines.

I bought a camera. It's a Kodak EasyShare C182. It's digital and very easy to use. Maybe one day I'll be grown-up enough to handle a real camera, lol! I got it at Shopper's Drug Mart for $139.99. It wasn't even on sale! *gasp* The day I bought it, they were having a 20X the points event. Purchase of camera and corresponding memory card equalled an additional 21,000 points on my Optimum card. I'm so close to the $60 in free stuff, I can almost taste it!

Here's a little picture I took.



I found this bottle of laundry detergent at my local No Frills for $3.47. With my new found Extreme Couponing skills, and a $3.00 off coupon, I got this baby for only 47 cents!!! Combined with other coupons for other products, I shaved $5.75 off my grocery bill that day. I'm not likely to get on that crazy show anytime soon, but I'm reducing my spending when and where I can.

Have you seen the changes on my Financial Goals Page?  Out of our 21 goals, we have made movement or progress on 14 of them. From this point on, we are looking to have the $1000 Emergency fund in Hubby's account, wipe out hubby's overdraft and build a positive balance in that account, and build up a separate fund for the lawyer's retainer. I'm going to hold these funds in the Xmas Fund account, which already has enough money in it.

When we started out on this journey some years ago, I was the one doing all the numbers and making all the decisions. Hubby eventually came around and started helping work toward the big goal of becoming debt free. He is now on board completely and totally! I still run all the numbers, because it's easier for me to do, but we're talking about all aspects of our finances and working toward common goals.

We are going to try to have the retainer fee by the end of August. $3500 in 85 days. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Yay on the new camera! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Looks like you got some penny pinching to do! ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having trouble posting comments on blogs too. It's driving me crazy!!!

    Way to go on the progress on your goals!

    ReplyDelete